The GPA 2020 Closed Session – At Your Desk online event will bring the membership together to ensure the GPA’s important work continues this year. Please see below important conference information for your reference, with further details to follow in due course.
Submission of Resolutions for the GPA Closed Session 2020
As we start to prepare for this year’s online Closed Session, members are reminded of the GPA approach and some important deadlines.
- Resolutions for 2020 will be adopted at the online Closed Session. Members considering submitting a resolution please note that resolutions should:
- be clear and concise;
- address matters sufficiently related to the purposes of the GPA and invoke action on matters relating to data protection and privacy;
- focus on a current strategic need of the GPA – In other words, resolution main sponsors should be able to easily explain how the resolution text contributes to the delivery of the GPA Strategic Direction adopted in Tirana, 2019.
- Proposed resolutions must have at least four other co-sponsors, representing, insofar as possible, different cultural, geographic and legal backgrounds.
- Proposed resolutions should be submitted either in English, or if the original is in another language, then please submit a copy in English simultaneously.
- Proposed resolutions are subject to the following timelines in 2020:
|Proposed draft resolutions circulated to members: consultation period launched, for comments and amendments||17 August 2020|
|Final draft resolutions circulated to members in advance of the Closed Session||30 September 2020|
For your information, please see the link to the GPA Rules and Procedures and for all enquiries regarding the above and the upcoming online Closed Session, please contact the GPA Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org.