The Global Privacy Assembly’s vision is an environment in which privacy and data protection authorities around the world are able effectively to act to fulfil their mandates, both individually and in concert, through diffusion of knowledge and supportive connections.
In 2021, the Assembly adopted its strategic plan for 2021 – 2023.
An environment in which privacy and data protection authorities worldwide can practically fulfil their mandates, both individually and in concert, to ensure high standards of data protection globally and promote and facilitate effective regulatory cooperation.
Three Strategic Priorities 2021 – 2023
- Advancing Global Privacy in an Age of Accelerated Digitalisation
- Work towards a global regulatory environment with clear and consistently highstandards of data protection, as digitalisation continues at pace.
- Maximising the GPA’s voice and influence
- Enhance the GPA’s role and voice in broader digital policy.
- Strengthen relationships with other international bodies and networks advancing data protection and privacy issues, including through observer arrangements.
- Capacity Building for the GPA and its Members
- Support Members’ shared learning from experiences, strategies and best practices, including cooperation and capacity building tools.
- Recognise and strengthen the importance of working together to ensure a coordinated response to data protection and privacy issues.