The GPA Executive Committee has shortlisted entries for the 2021 Global Privacy and Data Protection Awards.
Now in its fourth year, the Awards celebrate the achievements of the GPA community and shine a light on good practice.
The shortlisted Award entries are:
Education and public awareness
- Gibraltar Regulatory Authority – ‘Control Your Privacy’ campaign
- Personal Data Protection Office in Poland (UODO) – ‘GDPR in the school bench’ webinars
- European Data Protection Supervisor – TechDispatch reports
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada – ‘Privacy Clinics’ platform
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner, New Zealand – ‘NotifyUs’ online platform
- CNIL, France – CookieViz 2.0
Superintendence of Industry and Commerce, Colombia – Sandbox on Privacy by Design and by Default in AI Projects
- Superintendence of Industry and Commerce, Colombia – Accountability Guidance
- CNIL, France – The Developer’s Guide to GDPR
- Information Commissioner’s Office, UK – Accountability Framework
Dispute resolution and enforcement
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner, Canada on behalf of privacy and data protection authorities – Video teleconferencing (VTC) Global Compliance Initiative
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner, Canada on behalf of the Canadian Authorities – Facial Recognition Technology compliance tools
GPA members will receive instructions on how to vote for this year’s shortlisted entries.
The winners will be announced at the Global Privacy Assembly 2021, Mexico.