Do you have a resolution idea to table at the GPA 2021 Conference?
Are you looking to co-sponsor or contribute as a GPA member to this year’s Conference resolutions?
The GPA Executive Committee is aware that many members want to get as much as possible out of their membership of the GPA. Engaging with the development of the Conference Resolutions is a great way to get involved. As we start to prepare for this year’s Closed Session, members are reminded of the GPA approach, including the deadlines for submission, relating to resolutions.
Submission of Resolutions for the GPA 2021 Closed Session
- Resolutions for 2021 will be adopted at the hybrid online and in-person Closed Session. Members considering submitting a resolution, please note that resolutions should:
- be clear and concise;
- address matters sufficiently related to the purposes of the GPA and invoke action on matters relating to data protection and privacy;
- focus on a current strategic need of the GPA – In other words, resolution main sponsors should be able to easily explain how the resolution text contributes to the delivery of the GPA Strategic Direction adopted in Tirana, 2019.
- Proposed resolutions must have at least four other co-sponsors (apart from the main sponsor), representing, insofar as possible, different cultural, geographic and legal backgrounds. Please note: it is the main sponsor’s responsibility to ensure that these four other co-sponsors have been obtained by the time of final submission of the resolution to the conference on 4 October at the latest, otherwise the Resolution may risk not to be considered valid.
- It is the main sponsor’s responsibility to negotiate member amendments to a resolution. The Secretariat can receive amendments directly to the Secretariat central inbox to forward onto the main sponsor, but many main sponsors prefer to be contacted directly. In any case, please indicate which email address and name of official responsible for answering questions about the resolution the Secretariat should use for directing all resolution-related enquiries and amendments.
- Proposed resolutions should be submitted either in English, or if the original is in another language, then please submit a copy in English simultaneously.
Proposed resolutions are subject to the following timelines in 2021:
|Please notify the Secretariat of intention to table a resolution by:
|11 June 2021|
|Deadline to table a draft complex/technical resolution
to the Secretariat
|30 June 2021|
|Deadline to table a draft resolution (non-complex/technical)
to the Secretariat
|30 July 2021
|Proposed draft resolutions circulated to all GPA members:
consultation period launched, for comments and amendments
|16 August 2021
|Final draft resolutions circulated to all GPA members in advance
of the Closed Session (complete with four other co-sponsors)
|4 October 2021|
For your information, please see the link to the GPA Rules and Procedures and for all enquiries regarding the above and the upcoming Closed Session, please contact the GPA Secretariat: email@example.com.