The Global Privacy Assembly membership is organised into Working Groups that concentrate on the most significant Assembly initiatives identified by the membership, deriving their mandate and direction from the Closed Session, typically leading from Resolutions.
Any member can join a Working Group. Observers can be invited to participate in Working Groups on an ad hoc basis. Participation is voluntary. Working Groups are chaired by one or more member authority, and can come from the same or different regions. Working Group Chairs encourage participation from all regions and insofar as possible, a Working Group’s members represent different cultural, geographic and legal backgrounds.
Working Groups typically operate for a single year and their work culminates in a Report given to the Closed Session of the annual conference. However, the Executive Committee is kept informed of their progress throughout (see Quarterly Stocktake Reports below). in the Working Groups’ Quarterly Stocktake Reports (see further information below).
The Strategic Direction Sub-Committee of the Executive Committee works closely with Working Group Chairs to ensure their actions are coordinated with the wider strategic priorities of the GPA.
Working Groups may be temporary or permanent, as stated at the time of their establishment.
Current Working Groups are listed here:
- Policy Strategy Working Group Workstream 1: Global Standards and Frameworks
- Policy Strategy Working Group Workstream 2: Digital Economy
- Policy Strategy Working Group Workstream 3: The relationship between privacy/data protection and other rights and freedoms
- Digital Education
- International Enforcement Cooperation
- Ethics and Data Protection in Artificial Intelligence
- Digital Citizens and Consumers
- Digital Education
- Future of the Conference
- Data Protection Metrics
- COVID-19 related Privacy and Data Protection Issues
- Personal Data Protection in International Development Aid, International Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management
Would you like to join a Working Group?
Any member can join a Working Group. Please contact the Secretariat at email@example.com to be put in touch with the relevant Working Group coordinator.
Working Group Reports adopted at the 42nd Global Privacy Assembly 2020 – At Your Desk
Compendium of GPA Working Group Report Executive Summaries and Forward Looking Plans [FR]
Future of the Conference Working Group report
Policy Strategy Working Group 1: Global frameworks and standards report
Policy Strategy Working Group 2: Digital Economy report
Policy Strategy Work Group 3: the relationship between privacy/data protection and other rights and freedoms report
International Enforcement Cooperation Working Group report
Ethics and Data Protection in Artificial Intelligence Working Group report
Digital Citizen and Consumer Working Group report
Data Protection Metrics Working Group report
Digital Education Working Group report [FR]
Further information on past Working Group Reports to the Conference is available here.
Digital Education Working Group – Working Documents
Survey Information – Summary report of 15 September 2020 [EN] [FR]
International Day of Children’s Rights: rights also on the internet! (Journée internationale des droits de l’enfant : des droits aussi sur Internet!)
Digital Education Working Group – CIRCABC platform
PowerPoint presentation to better understand how to join the CIRCABC platform, access the 170 documents indexed by target groups, upload and present in a few words the educational materials produced by your own DPA.
Présentation PowerPoint pour mieux comprendre comment accéder à la plateforme CIRCABC, consulter les 170 documents classés par groupes cibles, ajouter et référencer des contenus pédagogiques réalisés par votre APD.
GPA Working Group Contributions to External Consultations
Members of the Digital Education Working Group (DEWG) submitted a joint contribution to the consultation on the United Nations General Observation on the rights of the child in the digital environment, these are now published, please see the press release.
Quarterly Stocktake Reports 2020-2021
The activities of the Working Groups and their conveners during the current GPA year are contained in the Quarterly Stocktake Reports to the Executive Committee.
Please see below the Quarterly Stocktake Reports for February-April 2021 published below:
- Policy Strategy Working Group 1: Global Standards an Frameworks Quarterly Stocktake Report
- Policy Strategy Working Group 2: Digital Economy Quarterly Stocktake Report – this report reflects work completed in November 2020 – January 2021
- Policy Strategy Working Group Workstream 3: The relationship between privacy/data protection and other rights and freedoms Quarterly Stocktake Report
- International Enforcement Cooperation Working Group Quarterly Stocktake Report Summary
- Ethics and Data Protection in Artificial Intelligence Working Group Quarterly Stocktake Report
- Digital Citizen and Consumer Working Group Quarterly Stocktake Report
- Digital Education Working Group Quarterly Stocktake Report
- COVID-19 related Privacy and Data Protection Issues Working Group Quarterly Stocktake Report
- Personal Data Protection in International Development Aid, International Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management Working Group Quarterly Stocktake Report